The Department of Computer Science (at the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics) at the University of Innsbruck seeks to fill the position of a full-time
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
in the area of
Cloud, Edge and IoT Computing
as soon as possible, ideally by Jan. 1, 2023. This position is initially limited to 6 years; a tenure-track agreement can be offered within the first year of employment. Upon positive evaluation, the position is converted into a tenured Associate Professorship. This career position is embedded within an attractive environment of existing competencies close to the above thematic area, including distributed systems, parallel systems, software engineering, data management, security and privacy.
The successful applicant should represent the area of Cloud, Edge and IoT Computing in research and teaching.
Teaching comprises lectures, especially in the area of distributed systems, for the degree programs of the Department of Computer Science. Tenured Associate Professors are also expected to teach mandatory courses in the Bachelor’s program.
Acquisition and scientific management of third-party funded research projects
Supervision and co-supervision of Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD students
Participation in organizational and administrative tasks as well as in evaluation measures
- Doctoral degree in computer science or a related field;
- Postdoctoral work experience after the dissertation/PhD;
- Pertinent and independent scientific achievements beyond the dissertation/PhD;
- Research experience and international visibility in the area of Cloud, Edge and IoT Computing;
- Relevant publications in leading international, refereed conference proceedings and journals as well as presentations at international conferences and workshops;
- Research collaborations with international partners;
- Experience in the acquisition and implementation of externally-funded research projects;
- Experience in the (co-)supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- Pertinent experience in academic mobility during or after the PhD;
- Proficiency (written and oral) in English;
- Willingness to teach in German within two years after appointment;
- Didactic competence and demonstrated teaching experience;
- Social competencies, communication skills, and ability to work in teams
How to Apply
The application must contain the following documents:
- CV with a description of the academic and professional career;
- List of scientific publications;
- List of scientific presentations, other scientific achievements, and projects;
- Names and contact information of at least two references;
- Description of a research plan at the level of a habilitation;
- Teaching statement and a list of courses taught with evaluations (if available)
All documents must be submitted in English and they must be merged into a single PDF file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Assistant Professor Position of Computer Science). For large files, please add a link in the submitted pdf to a cloud repository and make it accessible. Alternatively you can also use services like WeTransfer. The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.
The University of Innsbruck strives to increase the proportion of its female employees, especially in leadership positions, and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference.
The annual gross salary is € 56,868 at the time of employment. It is raised to € 64,394 if the tenure-track agreement is signed within the first year of employment, and once again if the qualification goals are completed (€ 69,820 as of 2022).
Direct questions to