My name is Nishant Saurabh
. Currenty, I am a Ph.D. Researcher
in the Distributed & Parallel Systems
) Group at the Instititue for Informatics
, University of Innsbruck
. My Ph.D. supervisor
is Dr. Radu Prodan
, 12th most eminent and influential researcher in the field of Distributed Systems & Cloud Computing
(as ranked by IEEE transactions), who is also a Full Professor
at Institute for Information Technology, Alpen-Adria-Universität, Klagenfurt, Austria
and is currently leading the Distributed Systems
Group within DPS
Prior to start of Ph.D.
, I obtained my MSc.
degree specialized in High Performance Distributed Computing
at Computer Science
department of Vrije Universiteit
, Amsterdam, Netherlands
. I completed my Masters Thesis
under the inspirational supervision of Dr. Ana Lucia Varbanescu
, another eminent researcher and an Asscociate Prof.
at University of Amsterdam
- Semantic approach to Storage and Interoperability in geo-distributed and Federated Cloud
- Multi-objective optimization approaches for Resource Placement and Provisioning in Cloud-Edge based environment.
- Self Adaptive Distributed Complex systems, its structural and behavioral analysis
in geo-distributed environment
- Trust quantification in autonomous and decentralized systems based on crowdsourced infrastructures.
- Distributed Environment for Efficient Virtual Machine Image Management in Federated Cloud Architectures: Dragi Kimovski, Attila Csaba Marosi, Sandi Gec, Nishant Saurabh, Attila Kertesz, Gabor Kecskemeti, Vlado Stankovski, Radu Prodan. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, June 2017. [Accepted]
- A Two-Stage Multi-Objective Optimization of Erasure Coding in Overlay Networks: Nishant Saurabh, Dragi Kimovski, Francesco Gaetano, Radu Prodan. IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing, CCGRID 2017. [Accepted as Full Paper] [Acceptance Rate: 23 %]
- Multi-Objective Middleware For Distributed VMI Repositories In Federated Cloud Environment : Dragi Kimovski, Nishant Saurabh, Vlado Stankovski, Radu Prodan. Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience,Volume 17, Number 4, pp. 299–312. [In Proceedings]
- Towards Decentralized Repository Services for Efficient and Transparent Virtual Machine Operations: The ENTICE Approach : Dragi Kimovski, Nishant Saurabh, Sandi Gec, Polona Štefanič, Gabor Kecskemeti, Vlado Stankovski, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. IEEE International Conference on Cloud Networking, CloudNet 2016. [In Proceedings]
- VM Image Repository and Distribution Models for Federated Clouds: State of the Art, Possible Directions and Open Issues : Nishant Saurabh, Dragi Kimovski, Radu Prodan. Euro-Par 2016 Workshops-LSDVE. [In Proceedings]
- Multi-objective Optimization Framework for VMI Distribution in Federated Cloud Repositories : Dragi Kimovski, Nishant Saurabh, Sandi Gec, Vlado Stankovski, Radu Prodan. Euro-Par 2016 Workshops-LSDVE. [In Proceedings]
- ARTICONF: smART socIal media eCOsystem in a blockchaiN Federated
environment. (ARTICONF project received funding worth 4.2 million Euros from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation H2020-ICT-2018-2 programme call under grant agreement No 825134)
- Role : Scientific Coordinator and Work-Package Leader (WP5: Semantic self-adaptive framework with decentralized reasoning and decision making)
- Status : Ongoing
- Start Date : January 2019 | End Date : January 2022
- Website : www.articonf.eu
- Github :
- Description: ARTICONF researches and develops a novel set of trustworthy, resilient, and globally sustainable decentralised
social media services. ARTICONF addresses issues of trust, time-criticality and democratisation for a new
generation of federated infrastructure, to fulfil the privacy, robustness, and autonomy related promises that
proprietary social media platforms have failed to deliver so far. Namely, its goals are to:
- simplify the creation of open and agile social media ecosystem with trusted participation using a two stage
- automatically detect interest groups and communities using graph anonymization techniques for decentralised
and tokenized decision-making and reasoning
- elastically autoscale time-critical social media applications through an adaptive orchestrated Cloud edge-based
infrastructure meeting application runtime requirements
- enhance monetary inclusion in collaborative models through cognition and knowledge supply chains
- ENTICE: dEcentralised repositories for traNsparent and efficienT vIrtual maChine
opErations. (ENTICE project received funding worth 2.7 million Euros from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 644179)
- Role : WP4 (Multiobjective and autonomous VMI repository) Research & Development Team Member,
- Status : Completed
- Start Date : Februray 2015 | End Date : February 2018
- Website : www.entice-project.eu
- Github : entice-repository
- Description : With the intention of designing a platform for the creation of lightweight VM images, using distributed storage and multi-objective optimisation, ENTICE is aiming to cut the size of VM images and increase the speed of VM image deployment. Namely, its goals are:
- Creation of lightweight VM images through functional descriptions
- Distributed lightweight VM image storage.
- Autonomous multi-objective repository optimisation
- Elastic resource provisioning
- Information infrastructure for strategic and dynamic reasoning.
- Journal of Grid Computing-Springer
- Future Generation Computer Systems- Elsevier (FGCS)
- Software: Practice and Experience- Wiley
- Motivation : Semantic management of Virtual machine images (VMIs).
- Contributors : Nishant Saurabh, Julian Remmers
- Github : expelliarmus-repository
- Software License : MIT License
- Julian Remmers (MSc. student, University of Innsbruck, Austria)
- Francesco Gateano (MSc. student, University of Innsbruck, Austria)
- TwelveCubes (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Role : Software Developer
- Period : September 2013 - August 2014
- Key Contributions: Designed Distributed paradigm for Online Alert System - an alarm system, used
to inform large groups about an emergency situation with a click of a button via
different media(phone, email, text message, etc.)
- Developed Distributed Communication Server
- Designed distributed task processing architecture using RabbitMQ and Cel-
- Stormbits BV (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Role : Software Developer
- Period : September 2014 - April 2015
- Key Contributions: In-charge of Notification based web-application and analysis of performance based
measures for deployment on AmazonEC2.
- Developed monitoring system using Cloudwatch.
- Designed model to avoid performance interference effects
- IEEE Computer Society TCPP (Technical Committee on Parallel Processing) award, 33rd IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium, IPDPS 2019, Rio de Janerio, Brazil.