- Postdoctoral University Assistant at University of Innsbruck, Austria (2016-2022)
- Assistant Professor at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (from 2013, Sabbatical)
- Distributed systems
- Performance modelling and optimization
- Computer architecture
- Technical University of Munich, Germany (07.2017)
Academic prizes / awards received
- Best Scientist award at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje (2012)
- Best paper awards:
- S. Ristov, M. Gusev, G. Armenski, K. Bozinoski, and G. Velkoski, "Architecture and organization of e-assessment cloud solution," in IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (IEEE EDUCON), 2013 IEEE, Berlin, Germany: IEEE, 2013, pp. 736?743.
- M. Simjanoska, M. Gusev, and S. Ristov, "Platform?s architecture for colorectal cancer research in the cloud," Procedia Engineering, vol. 100, pp. 1099 ?1107, 2015, 25th DAAAM International Symposium on Intelligent Manufacturing and Automation, 2014, issn: 1877-7058.
- M. Kostoska, M. Gusev, S. Ristov, and K. Kiroski, "Cloud service portability opportunities," in Proceedings of the 8th Annual South-East European Doctoral Student Conference, 2013, pp. 313?320.
- Outstanding reviewer for Elsevier journals JNCA and FGCS
Selected project experiences
- ENTICE: dEcentralized repositories for traNsparent and efficienT vIrtual maChine opErations, H2020-ICT-2014-1, researcher, (2016-2018)
- Scalability and Elasticity Performance of Cloud Services, OeAD AUT ? MK, WTZ Mazedonien, MK 02/2016, researcher, (2016-2018)
- eRamp: Excellence in Speed and Reliability for More than Moore Technologies, ENIAC Joint Undertaking, researcher, (2014-2016)
- EU COST action 15127: Resilient communication services protecting end-user applications from disaster-based failures (RECODIS) (2016-2020)
- PI in yearly research projects at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia (2014-2016)
Selected review activities and editorships
- Special issue editor for the journal Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience 19(3) (Infrastructures and Algorithms for Scalable Computing), 2018
- Program committee member of IEEE/ACM CCGrid (2017), IEEE NFV-SDN (all three years 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Scientific committee member: FedCSIS (CSS 2017, 2018)
- Steering Committee Member: International Workshop on Dew Computing (2017)
- Recognized reviewer for many international journals including top-most journals such as IEEE Transactions and Magazines (TPDS, TCC, TETC, Software, S&P, CCM), Elsevier (JNCA, FGCS, ComNet, COSE, SIMPAT, ASEJ, JESTCH), Springer (JoCCASA), IGI-Global (IJBML, JOEUC)
Invitations for presentations
- Sasko Ristov, "A Methodology to Evaluate the Trustworthiness and Security Compliance of Cloud Service Providers", Cloud Security Alliance CEE Summit 2016, Ljubljana, Slovenia, March, 2016.
- Sasko Ristov, "Project Gamification in Hardware-Based Courses", International Robotics Conference (Robomac), Skopje, Macedonia, June, 2015.
Top 10 most important publications of the entire career
- Roland Matha, Sasko Ristov, and Radu Prodan, "Simulation of a workflow execution as a real cloud by adding noise," Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, vol. 79, pp. 37 ? 53, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2017.09.003.
- Stefan Nastic, Thomas Rausch, Ognjen Scekic, Schahram Dustdar, Marjan Gusev, Bojana Koteska, Magdalena Kostoska, Boro Jakimovski, Sasko Ristov, Radu Prodan, "A Serverless Real-Time Data Analytics Platform for Edge Computing", IEEE Internet Computing vol. 21 no. 4, p. 64-71, 2017. http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MIC.2017.2911430.
- Roland Matha, Sasko Ristov, and Radu Prodan, "A Simplified Model for Simulating the Execution of a Workflow in Cloud," Euro-Par 2017: Parallel Processing - 23rd International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Full paper, 2017, Spain. pp. 319? 331. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-64203-1_23. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64203-1_23.
- Sasko Ristov, Kiril Cvetkov, and Marjan Gusev, "Implementation of a scalable L3B balancer for Dew Computing Services," Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 79?90, 2016, issn: 1895-1767. doi: 10.12694/scpe.v17i2.1157.
- Hamid Mohammadi Fard, Sasko Ristov, and Radu Prodan. "Handling the uncertainty in resource performance for executing workflow applications in clouds". In the 9th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC '16). Full paper, China, pp. 89-98, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/2996890.2996902.
- Sasko Ristov, Marjan Gusev, Goce Armenski, Krste Bozinoski, and Goran Velkoski, "Architecture and organization of e-assessment cloud solution," in IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (IEEE EDUCON), 2013 IEEE, Best Paper Award, Berlin, Germany: IEEE, 2013, pp. 736?743. https://doi.org/10.1109/EduCon.2013.6530189.
- Marjan Gusev and Sasko Ristov, "A superlinear speedup region for matrix multiplication," Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1847?1868, 2013, issn: 1532-0634. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cpe.3102.
- Nevena Ackovska and Sasko Ristov, "OER approach for specific student groups in hardware-based courses," Education, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 242?247, 2014, issn: 0018-9359, doi: 10.1109/TE.2014.2327007.
- Marjan Gusev, Sasko Ristov, Bojana Koteska, and Goran Velkoski, "Windows azure: Resource organization performance analysis," in Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC), ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, M. Villari, W. Zimmermann, and K.-K. Lau, Eds., vol. 8745, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Full paper, 2014, pp. 17?31.
- Marjan Gusev, Magdalena Kostoska, Sasko Ristov, and Aleksandar Donevski, "P-TOSCA portability of SOA applications," in Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Service Science (CLOSER), Full paper, 2015, pp. 71?78.
University of Innsbruck
- 2016 - current
- Advanced Parallel and Distributed Systems (Master)
- Distributed Systems (Bachelor)
- Concurrent Programming (Bachelor)
- Operating Systems (Bachelor)
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing (Bachelor)
- High Performance Computing (Bachelor)
- Parallel and Distributed Processing (Bachelor)
- Parallel Programming (Bachelor)
- Computer Architecture and Organization (Bachelor)
- Computer Networking (Bachelor)
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers (Bachelor)
- Network Planning and Design (Bachelor)
- Operating Systems (Bachelor)
- Internet Technologies (Bachelor)
- Software Quality Assurance (Bachelor)
- Team Work (Bachelor)
- Professional Skills (Bachelor)
- Business Modelling (Master)
(full list of publications and cv)