Purpose: The GroudSim is a simulator able to simulate (Gr)id and Cl(oud) resources and application execution on them for the purpos of research in the areas of:
- Resource Management
- Workflow execution
Functionality: At present, the GroudSim simulator supports (list is not a complete list of features):
- Provisioning of Virtual machines,
- Execution of jobs on VMs or Grid resources
- File transfer,
- Failures at different levels,
- Cost calculation (including EC2 spot prices),
- Background load (from GWA or artificial),
- Java programming language (J2SE 1.7)
- GroudSim is part of the ASKALON tool kit and is distributed free of charge for educational and research purposes upon request. In order to start the download procedure please fill out this form and send it to Simon Ostermann requesting GroudSim (or follow the instruction in the PDF to request the whole ASKALON suite).
- Simon Ostermann
- Roland Matha
- Matthias Auer
- Gabor Kecskemeti
- Daniel Bodner
- Georg Kraler
- Radu Prodan
- Thomas Fahringer
- Ostermann, Simon, Kassian Plankensteiner, Radu Prodan, and Thomas Fahringer. "Groudsim: An event-based simulation framework for computational grids and clouds." In Euro-Par 2010 Parallel Processing Workshops, pp. 305-313. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
- Ostermann, Simon, Kassian Plankensteiner, Daniel Bodner, Georg Kraler, and Radu Prodan. "Integration of an event-based simulation framework into a scientific workflow execution environment for grids and clouds." In Towards a Service-Based Internet, pp. 1-13. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
- Kecskemeti, Gabor, Simon Ostermann, and Radu Prodan. "Fostering Energy-Awareness in Simulations Behind Scientific Workflow Management Systems." In Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE/ACM 7th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing, pp. 29-38. IEEE Computer Society, 2014.